If a student is absent from school, the parent/guardian should telephone the absentee line (07) 5547 9317, or email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to commencement of the students school day. The absentee lines are open 24 hours a day.
- Your name and relation to student
- Student's full name
- Year level
- Date of absence
- Reason for absence
- Contact number
The College also uses a text message facility which sends parents/guardians a message when a student is marked absent from school that day.
Every Day Counts
Every Day Counts is a state wide initiative that aims to assist in improving student attendance at school. It is designed to change parent, community and student attitudes and foster a shared commitment to improving school attendance.
Every Day Counts promotes four key messages:
- All children should be enrolled at school and attend on every school day
- Schools should monitor, communicate and implement strategies to improve regular school attendance
- Truanting can place a student in unsafe situations and impact on their future employability and life choices
- Attendance at school is the responsibility of everyone in the community.
For further information please visit the Every Day Counts website.