To promote the interests of and facilitate the development and further improvement of Flagstone State Community College.
Parent/carers and community members are strongly encouraged to play an active role in the education of their children. They have a valuable role to play in helping enrich the opportunities for their own students and others within the school. All state schools in Queensland offer opportunities for parents to join a Parents and Citizens Association and these associations are involved in a number of school activities.
The role and functions of the P&C Association are to:
1. Foster community interest in education matters.
2. To endeavour to bring about close co-operation between the parents of the students, teachers, staff, and other members of the community.
3. To provide or assist in the provision of financial or other resources or services for the benefit of the College.
Here at Flagstone State Community College our P&C Association is involved in a range of activities including:
1. Management of the school Canteen and Uniform Shop which employs 4 staff members.
2. Employing the services of the Community Liaison Officer to enhance the media and community participation opportunities for the College.
4. Applying for relevant grants to provide facilities and equipment as required.
5. Working with the Principal in all matters relating to better student outcomes with particular emphasis on financial assistance. The P&C is also required to approve the Annual School Operating Plan and budget. Excursion requests must also be approved by the P&C Association.
6. Approval of cohort and subcommittee fundraising initiatives.