The Guidance Officer will collaboratively negotiate, develop and implement support for students that have a focus on preventative and early intervention strategies; which is responsive to identified personal, social, emotional and educational needs; and aims to foster resilience and personal skills development.
Types of services available
- Mental health issues
- Peer relationships
- Family relationships
- Stress management
- Grief and loss counselling
- Personal problem solving
- Communication skills development
- Referral to other services for specific issues.
Career guidance and counselling
- Career decision-making
- Subject selection changes
- Career and course information
- Career and academic goal review
- Transition support.
- Supporting inclusive practices
- Study skills and goal setting
- Links with external educational settings
- Scholarship applications
- Special consideration for educational disadvantage
- Observations to make recommendations for educational adjustments and interventions
- psychoeducational assessment to identify student’s impairment and associated educational adjustments
- Counselling, support and intervention as required.
Students can make an appointment at Student Services to see Mrs Grandfils. Appointments are available Mon -Fri between the hours of 9am and 3pm.